02 October 2006
This is why I hate cats....


I came home from shopping this afternoon, to find my bird table laying on its side by my living room window. Now this forms part of the feeding area for my hedgehogs. The table itself has a plant pot at the base, I mentioned it before because I thought it was daft because seeds from the table fall off into the plants and make a mess. So this base now has a heavy piece of plywood on it, plus a brick to hold down the perspex lid for my hedgehogs shelter. So what I'm getting at is it is quite heavy. So something big knocked it flying. So I go to pick it up and see that it's covered in blood, and there is blood splattered all up my wall. I can't find my Diddy Boy anywhere. I go out into the back garden, and I can see the smirking evil cat that is always skulking round my garden, sitting under a bush. It just looked at me, as if it were pleased to see me. I went and got a bucketful of water and threw the lot, but I think it was too fast for me, and jumped over my 5 foot high fence before any reached it. So I go look under the bush, and found the above.
I still can't find my Diddy Boy. There's a lot of his feathers near where the bird table was over. I am panic stricken by this time, I searched absolutely everywhere, calling his name, looking over the fence all round into the neighbours gardens, into the farm fields, he is nowhere. I start to cry, I thought just one more look round before I go and start knocking on doors to see if anyone has seen him or anyone in my garden (the old lady next door's daughter and son-in-law have been here today, they may have heard something) One last look, and I found him - right down the bottom in the compost-come-dump any garden crap area, laying flat under a bush, frightened out of his life, and his little comb has blood all over it. That bastard cat had tried to get him by the looks of things. Now I shall be afraid to ever go out again and leave him out, or in fact let him outside when I'm not with him. Why the hell should I have to put up with that because cats are allowed a licence to roam, and come terrorising and killing in my garden? This cat has only appeared within the last few weeks, so it is obviously someone who has recently moved here which counts out anyone on my little estate, so it must be from over the road, so hopefully it will mean it will get run over very soon. Sorry, but thats the way I feel, evil bloody thing. It's like a tabby cat but light and dark grey instead, I've not seen a cat like it before. Next time itcomes here it won't be a bucket of water that I throw. Bastard.
On a happier note, Ryan came to feed last night. Such a relief. He stayed for about 20 minutes and when he'd gone I went to check, and he had eaten all the chicken and turkey cat food, but left a lot of the fresh chicken. So I put another dish of cat food out and this morning, that had gone too, but he had still left some of the chicken. So I shall just use up what I have left now, and not bother with it anymore, which is quite a relief, especially as Emma can't have any now, and it still turns my stomach pulling the skin off and chopping it up, so must say I am very glad. The other great news is I took a little look in the box as soon as I was dressed, couldn't wait to see, and he was back in there, fast asleep, bless him.
Comments:
<< Home
I share your hate of cats, Janice.
Evil, flea-ridden bag o' shite.
I've heard fish fingers soaked in anti freeze works a treat.
But that is so very wrong, isn't it? :o(
I'm sorry about the bird it killed, and about Diddy Boy too. I hope he's alright soon.
Evil, flea-ridden bag o' shite.
I've heard fish fingers soaked in anti freeze works a treat.
But that is so very wrong, isn't it? :o(
I'm sorry about the bird it killed, and about Diddy Boy too. I hope he's alright soon.
Oh Jan, I am so sorry. Poor Diddy must have been scared out of his wits. It's the owners I blame. The cat should have been neutered in the first place, that is supposed to stop them roaming. It should also have a bell on its collar.
I love cats but hate what they do!
Post a Comment
I love cats but hate what they do!
<< Home
