29 October 2006
Well I made it...
...safely to my mums. Managed to leave at 9.10 this morning. Stopped at Leigh Delamare services for brunch, wees and poos (that was Emma, not me) for about 45 minutes, and then stopped again to give Emma a short walk on the common near my mums for about another 15 minutes, and arrived at hers at about 2pm, so did the journey in just under four hours. The M25 was a nightmare as expected, but the weather was fantastic, I couldn't have chosen a better day if I'd tried, blue skies and sunshine all the way here. I can't believe how much warmer it is up here too. My mum hasn't got a particularly warm house really, but I'm sitting in here in a t-shirt. At home I have been wearing two sweatshirts indoors at night, and I've just been outside to my car and it wasn't even cold outside. It's supposed to be 16c here tomorrow too, and the forecast has got a big sunshine symbol all week.
I'm hoping to sort out some things for mum whilst I am here, like her three piece suite, the fire in the living room, a security light, her front gate, the shed..... OMG I will need to be here a month!
Have had an email from Linda, saying all okay at home, so that's a great relief. Silly cow, I shed tears this morning when I said goodbye to my birdies in the aviary and my diddy boy. Something very touching happened this morning too. The male cockatiel whose hen died a couple of weeks ago, came right up to me for a kiss. Now he's never been tamed, is a completely wild aviary bird, but he had allowed me to kiss the top of his head before, but has always been afraid of my hands, but he let me tickle his head too with my finger! The first time in 11 years that I've had him.
Right that's enough for this time, not sure if I shall update this very much this week, but hopefully will take some nice piccies tomorrow when I take Emma out.
Emma on Colney Heath common

I'm hoping to sort out some things for mum whilst I am here, like her three piece suite, the fire in the living room, a security light, her front gate, the shed..... OMG I will need to be here a month!
Have had an email from Linda, saying all okay at home, so that's a great relief. Silly cow, I shed tears this morning when I said goodbye to my birdies in the aviary and my diddy boy. Something very touching happened this morning too. The male cockatiel whose hen died a couple of weeks ago, came right up to me for a kiss. Now he's never been tamed, is a completely wild aviary bird, but he had allowed me to kiss the top of his head before, but has always been afraid of my hands, but he let me tickle his head too with my finger! The first time in 11 years that I've had him.
Right that's enough for this time, not sure if I shall update this very much this week, but hopefully will take some nice piccies tomorrow when I take Emma out.
Emma on Colney Heath common
Comments:
<< Home
Ah, great you are getting good weather. Hope you guys have a fantastic time when you meet up. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home

