31 October 2006

Yay, mum bought a new suite!

It's only taken her about 10 years, lol. She has been almost sitting on the floor on her old chair for the past few years, the foam has long since collapsed, and she has cushions piled on top. Kept saying she hadn't seen anything she likes, and let's be fair, she can't get about like she used to and go and look at that many. So today, I dragged her to Letchworth to a place recommended by my friend Sandi. The shop has been there 60 years apparently. Had a bad time trying to find it, asked twice at the taxi rank at the station and was close to saying stuff it and going elsewhere, but we got there eventually. The guy we saw was brilliant, in fact all the staff were, had a great laugh and mum saw one she wanted almost instantly. It's being delivered on Saturday morning, and they will take the old one away to the dump for free!

After that we went to Fairlands Valley in Stevenage and had a bite of lunch sat outside the cafe by the lake. It was a bit blowy to say the least and our coffee soon went cold, but was nice to actually get mum to do something. I struggled last time I was up here, she didnt want to go anywhere or do anything. She then sat in the car as she can't walk too well nowadays and I walked Emma round the lake, she had a paddle, and we met quite a big flock of Canada Geese, they came swimming across all excited looking for food and I had none. Felt very mean.

Stopped at Tescos on the way back at Hatfield and I bought Ice Age 2 dvd so I shall have something to watch on my laptop tonight whilst mum has all her soaps on! And I got a new laptop bag too, as this is a 15.4 and it was a real struggle to get it into the other bag, the zip was going to scratch it before much longer.

Took quite a few photos round the lakes, the leaves are beautiful at the moment, wonderful shades of yellows and orange, and one of the sunset outside mums when we got home.






















Comments:
Glad your having a nice time Jan, bet your mum is loving it, and even Emma has a smile on her face lol.
Loved the pictures, Its blowing a cold wind here today, a real chill in the air.
 
Yay!! Great photos, I was going to go up there on sunday..
 
pleased you are enjoying yourself jan
 
I'm really enjoying the pictures.
 
I'm really enjoying the pictures.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++