05 November 2006
Back home
I've had a great few days on the whole, managed to get a few things sorted out for mum, there's still more to do, but hopefully I can get up a bit more often now. Maybe even long weekends would be possible. Her new suite arrived yesterday, and is a great improvement on the old one, and looked really nice, and was quite comfortable too, will be better once it's worn in a bit.
It was lovely to meet up with my friends, both old and new, and to actually have a bit of a social life for once. I shall miss that. I had a couple of meals out with Sandi, went to an old friend and work colleagues for another evening, and then of course yesterday, met up with Anna and Nic, which was great. Shame about Arlesey Pits though lol, but Fairlands at Stevenage made a nice afternoon out, and the brief shopping trip to Tesco Xtra was the highlight of the day of course. (Yay girls, the bra's fit me!)
Left mums at 10.55, and arrived home at 15.05, having stopped at Leigh Delamare again for about 35 mins for a quick bite at lunchtime. The traffic was very light, most of it seemed to be heading in the other direction, out of Wales (and who can blame them...)the weather was fabulous all the way until Cardiff, when I saw my first bit of grey sky and clouds for a week. Yep, welcome to Wales and the crap weather. In fairness, it did clear just after though.
Well back to reality, and routine. Linda has been fantastic, all my birds were fine, Diddy boy looked sort of pleased to see me, hard to tell though, as he didn't run to me with wings unfurled crying "mummy" He did a cluck, and let me stroke him, so I guess that's as good as it gets.
It's nice to get back in my own home and to relax, but christ it was bloody freezing when I walked in the front door - like one massive fridge! I turned all the heating off of course, I only have three economy 7 storage heaters, so they wont come on till midnight tonight, so thank god I have a couple of electric oil filled rads, and an electric fire. It was 13c in the living room, and have just got it up to 17c now having had the heater on in here for 5 hours now!
Still got some wild birds around too, saw a couple of robins and some sparrows came up on the bird table when I put a few seeds on there. Also saw a few rats looking anxiously from under the holly, but I am not going to feed them anymore. I am going to try and ignore their presence and hope they go away. Doubt it, but never know my luck. They haven't been fed for a week, and havent got in the aviary, so hopefully that situation will continue. I've got my webcam on outside the living room window, no food out though, just in case a hog comes, and then I will take him out some food, but a rat has already been under looking. Not leaving food laying around on the floor anymore at all.
There was an amazing sunset again tonight, and took a couple of pictures. I also took one of sunrise at mum's yesterday morning, which was also spectacular.
Feeling very knackered, don't think I'll be up late tonight. I have to go and get my guinea pigs back tomorrow morning now, as my friend Pat has to go out in the afternoon.
Sunrise at mum's

It was lovely to meet up with my friends, both old and new, and to actually have a bit of a social life for once. I shall miss that. I had a couple of meals out with Sandi, went to an old friend and work colleagues for another evening, and then of course yesterday, met up with Anna and Nic, which was great. Shame about Arlesey Pits though lol, but Fairlands at Stevenage made a nice afternoon out, and the brief shopping trip to Tesco Xtra was the highlight of the day of course. (Yay girls, the bra's fit me!)
Left mums at 10.55, and arrived home at 15.05, having stopped at Leigh Delamare again for about 35 mins for a quick bite at lunchtime. The traffic was very light, most of it seemed to be heading in the other direction, out of Wales (and who can blame them...)the weather was fabulous all the way until Cardiff, when I saw my first bit of grey sky and clouds for a week. Yep, welcome to Wales and the crap weather. In fairness, it did clear just after though.
Well back to reality, and routine. Linda has been fantastic, all my birds were fine, Diddy boy looked sort of pleased to see me, hard to tell though, as he didn't run to me with wings unfurled crying "mummy" He did a cluck, and let me stroke him, so I guess that's as good as it gets.
It's nice to get back in my own home and to relax, but christ it was bloody freezing when I walked in the front door - like one massive fridge! I turned all the heating off of course, I only have three economy 7 storage heaters, so they wont come on till midnight tonight, so thank god I have a couple of electric oil filled rads, and an electric fire. It was 13c in the living room, and have just got it up to 17c now having had the heater on in here for 5 hours now!
Still got some wild birds around too, saw a couple of robins and some sparrows came up on the bird table when I put a few seeds on there. Also saw a few rats looking anxiously from under the holly, but I am not going to feed them anymore. I am going to try and ignore their presence and hope they go away. Doubt it, but never know my luck. They haven't been fed for a week, and havent got in the aviary, so hopefully that situation will continue. I've got my webcam on outside the living room window, no food out though, just in case a hog comes, and then I will take him out some food, but a rat has already been under looking. Not leaving food laying around on the floor anymore at all.
There was an amazing sunset again tonight, and took a couple of pictures. I also took one of sunrise at mum's yesterday morning, which was also spectacular.
Feeling very knackered, don't think I'll be up late tonight. I have to go and get my guinea pigs back tomorrow morning now, as my friend Pat has to go out in the afternoon.
Sunrise at mum's

Comments:
<< Home
So glad you had a nice time with Nic and Anna (and of course Emma)
Yes, it is always nice to come home isn't it?
Beautiful sunset pics.
Post a Comment
Yes, it is always nice to come home isn't it?
Beautiful sunset pics.
<< Home

