22 November 2006
The Evil Cat is a wimp!
About an hour ago, I noticed the evil grey cat in the garden (AGAIN *sigh*) It was stalking rats though to be fair, so I didn't do anything. I watched fascinated, yet horrified as it spotted a rat which had come out from the bank and was heading for the birdtable (they climb it now and feed from the top....) Said cat slithered on its stomach across the grass. The rat didn't seem to notice it at all. Having said that, they don't notice me either, even when I'm only a few feet away from them, they must have appalling eyesight and hearing... Anyhow, the rat then proceeded to climb the upright bit of the bird table. The cat sprang, and I could hardly watch, every bit of me wanted to fling open the window and yell, but the rat then sensed the cat, came back down the table pole within about 3 inches of the cat at the bottom, and ran for its life. What did the cat do? Sweet F.A.! Stood there, shaking its head, it didn't even swipe at it. I mean, even I could've caught the rat! It didn't even attempt it. I think it was scared. It was a big buck rat. Bloody useless thing. Keener to kill my birds I suppose. Grrrrr.
Comments:
<< Home
Oh at last, thank you so much, I was so upset that our anonymous lurker had excluded me from the venomous remarks. I see you are in the USA my friend, you forget I have a tracker on my blog. Carry on, I have seen it all before, you won't upset me, so save your breath, or your fingers!
Quite simple, rats don't stalk the birds I feed in the garden and kill them for pleasure, tormenting them to death, when they don't need to eat them, because they are already well fed and pampered by their owners. Rats don't come along and spray their pee all over my plant pots full of flowers. Rats don't leave huge piles of crap all over the lawn and in my flower borders that I tread in or put my hands in when gardening. There's a few reasons to be going on with. There's quite a few more of course, like I guess an important one would be rats don't cause road traffic accidents maybe? After all, their only rats, nobody would attempt to swerve to avoid hitting one of them would they? Anyhow, thanks for your imput. :)
Oh, and by the way, where have I actually said I love rats? I just don't hate them like most do, admittedly, they are all god's creatures after all, not their fault they are rats. They don't freak me out, they don't cause me any harm. Maybe if I had young kids in the garden I would feel differently, but I don't, neither is there likely to be any, so apart from their tunnelling, I don't find them a problem to be honest. You should try keeping pet rats sometime, they are highly intelligent creatures, very clean and affectionate you know, wild rats aren't a lot different... ;)
I'm not holding my breath nic, he or she is about 6 hours or so behind us. Someone who comes on their pc in the afternoon. Anyhow if I wanted to be arsey about it, could easily change who can comment on my blog, only just recently changed it to anyone, from registered bloggers only. Freedom of speech and all that though eh? :)
Good for you Jan. Hope you got rid of that annoying person. Now, I must say I got such a kick out of your blog. You can be hilariously funny. Love reading them.
Post a Comment
<< Home

