17 November 2006
Feeling ruff...
I can't face chat tonight, can't face posting on my normal forum following I'm a Celebrity either, although I am watching. Boy have I been ill today. It was touch and go whether I drove myself to casualty this afternoon. I have been crippled with unbelievable stomach pains today. I mean some of the worst pains I have ever experienced.
I felt okay when I got up this morning, bit sore round the abdomen because I thought I'd pulled a muscle or something from erecting that bird feeder, but I felt well enough after a hot shower to attempt the bird aviary cleaning. Did this, and although then my back was killing me, didn't feel too bad, no worse anyway. Then I had lunch, and immediately I was doubled up with pain. I took two paracetemol plus, which is very unusual for me, I rarely resort to pain killers because they make me feel sick, but in this case, it would be the lesser of two evils. These had no effect, and I had to go to bed for an hour, hoping it would wear off. It did, a bit, so I drove to Llandysul to the chemist and bought some Gaviscon. Whilst waiting to be served, I couldn't even stand upright. Then stupidly went to the park to walk Emma, poor little bugger was so excited, it was a lovely afternoon, sunny and bright, and I couldn't even walk 50 yards, I was doubled up in pain. Had to walk back to the car bent over like a cripple. I phoned the doctors but they weren't taking patients until 4 - 6 pm,( it was only 2.30) and I didn't want to go up and cause a fuss, so I drove home and went straight to bed after taking some gaviscon and another paracetemol. I almost carried straight through the village to the hospital, it was that bad. I could only lay on my right side in a curled up position with the heatpad against me, every other position was so painful.
I don't think this is related to the strain, I think this was/is a massive dose of indigestion/my piss-poor stomach problem that I get from time to time. I just need to belch and belch to shift an enormous amount of wind. In the end, I was sick, and it helped. I get this about 3 or 4 times every year, but I don't remember the pain being quite so bad before. I remember once though, my mum took me to QEII in Welwyn Garden City one Friday night about 25 years ago when I had the same thing, as she was so worried about me. It's all related to my previous stomach ulcers and you-name-it-I-have-it which flares up now and then. I've never been able to find a trigger, I haven't eaten anything different or abnormal, it just happens.
Anyway, suffice to say after more painkillers, more indigestion pills, one of my ulcer pills, some of my irritable bowel pills, half a bottle of Indian Tonic water, and a tin of rice pudding (all I've eaten since breakfast) I am now feeling a lot better,(rattling and gurgling, but better... ) but am going to have an early night.
I felt okay when I got up this morning, bit sore round the abdomen because I thought I'd pulled a muscle or something from erecting that bird feeder, but I felt well enough after a hot shower to attempt the bird aviary cleaning. Did this, and although then my back was killing me, didn't feel too bad, no worse anyway. Then I had lunch, and immediately I was doubled up with pain. I took two paracetemol plus, which is very unusual for me, I rarely resort to pain killers because they make me feel sick, but in this case, it would be the lesser of two evils. These had no effect, and I had to go to bed for an hour, hoping it would wear off. It did, a bit, so I drove to Llandysul to the chemist and bought some Gaviscon. Whilst waiting to be served, I couldn't even stand upright. Then stupidly went to the park to walk Emma, poor little bugger was so excited, it was a lovely afternoon, sunny and bright, and I couldn't even walk 50 yards, I was doubled up in pain. Had to walk back to the car bent over like a cripple. I phoned the doctors but they weren't taking patients until 4 - 6 pm,( it was only 2.30) and I didn't want to go up and cause a fuss, so I drove home and went straight to bed after taking some gaviscon and another paracetemol. I almost carried straight through the village to the hospital, it was that bad. I could only lay on my right side in a curled up position with the heatpad against me, every other position was so painful.
I don't think this is related to the strain, I think this was/is a massive dose of indigestion/my piss-poor stomach problem that I get from time to time. I just need to belch and belch to shift an enormous amount of wind. In the end, I was sick, and it helped. I get this about 3 or 4 times every year, but I don't remember the pain being quite so bad before. I remember once though, my mum took me to QEII in Welwyn Garden City one Friday night about 25 years ago when I had the same thing, as she was so worried about me. It's all related to my previous stomach ulcers and you-name-it-I-have-it which flares up now and then. I've never been able to find a trigger, I haven't eaten anything different or abnormal, it just happens.
Anyway, suffice to say after more painkillers, more indigestion pills, one of my ulcer pills, some of my irritable bowel pills, half a bottle of Indian Tonic water, and a tin of rice pudding (all I've eaten since breakfast) I am now feeling a lot better,(rattling and gurgling, but better... ) but am going to have an early night.
Comments:
<< Home
Oh poor Jan, if your tummy is upset, I would nt take paracetemol as it could irritate an upset stomach, best to just take gaviscon and a warm bottle, and stay in bed lol, not go travelling, you were lucky you managed to get home.
Thanks everyone. Still not 100% but have eaten pretty normally today, and it just feels like normal uncomfortable indigestion, not the pain of yesterday.
Indegestion can be a killer, the only way I can get rid sometimes is to make myself sick, I hate being sick, but the only way it can ease it.
Hope you continue to feel better
Post a Comment
Hope you continue to feel better
<< Home

