15 November 2006
I'm gonna start building a boat...
... if this rain keeps up much longer, I am going to need one! We are going to be flooded out. It's horrendous today, gales and lashing rain, everywhere is a hideous squelchy mess. Poor old Emma didn't get a walk yesterday, because I went shopping with my friend Irene, and now she hasn't had one today either. We went into Llandysul and I popped in to the pet shop, then round to the park, and it was torrenting down! I opened the car door for Emma who got out, had a wee and then ran back wanting to get in again lol! Mind you, looking at her now asleep on the sofa, you'd think she'd walked about 6 miles.
I bought a Gardman deluxe feeding station thingy yesterday, had fun assembling it today, amidst much cursing and swearing, why is it that something that should be a simple five minute job turns into a nightmare whenever I do it? You have to slide a rubber thing over the joints where the screw is and I had to get vaseline out to lubricate it. Oooer this sounds rude I've just realised lol! I wonder if it will get any hits from people who will be disappointed, like Anna did on her blog haha!
Anyway, eventually got it all assembled, managed to make a hole deep enough for it in the back lawn near the window and back door, and within a very short time, there were 7 bluetits (I've never seen that many at one time before on the same feeding area, 2 goldfinches, a greenfinch, and lots of chaffinches on the ground below, and of course a few starlings.) It was great to be able to sit on the sofa and watch them out of the window, something to do in this crap weather, they aren't put off by a bit of rain. I had to do something, because that bloody cat knocked the birdtable flying again yesterday, I don't know if it got anything or not, it must've been waiting for me to go out of sight, I was only gone a couple of minutes. Besides, it looks tatty now anyway, and this will be easy to keep clean. It's got three hooks for hanging feeders, a feeder tray for the robin mix and pellets I put out, and a bath. Chuffed.

Talking of that cat, I watched it up by my greenhouse this morning, throwing up! And then it stomped round to the larch tree and pissed up it! Great eh? So I've done a card and put it in the Spar shop across the road, with its picture, asking the owner to phone urgently, as I think it may have been poisoned! I doubt it, it went off okay, but just maybe it may make somebody keep the bloody thing away from here.
Okay now to my money saving idea. I love my sofa, but it's getting on a bit now, and I am fed up with the colour, so I was going to buy some stretch covers for it. Saw some on eBay for £29.99, all sorts of colours, but wanted to stick to beige. But I remember I had some once before years ago, and I am pretty sure they are made of stuff that the threads get picked when you catch them with your buckles, buttons, dog's claws.... so was having a think about it. Anyway, was up in the loft earlier putting away some junk, and I saw my fleecy underblanket which should be on the bed, but I found it too hot, so only ever used it about three nights! Hmmm I thought - I wonder - and it fits perfectly! And I think it looks okay too, alright if you have lots of posh visitors they may think the stretchy bit along the front looks a bit strange, but I don't (have posh visitors or think it looks strange) So chuffed again! I think a double or king size fitted bed sheet in beige would look okay too, may try that next, bloody sight cheaper than proper covers. I don't like throws much, I've tried them before, they look messy, I like stuff to fit neatly, not be all sloppy and hanging! My sofa is actually three chairs, which you can push together, or have as two seater and one chair, or three chairs, the arms come out too, I love it. It did have another chair when I got it but I had to dump one, because I just didn't have the room for it in this box I live in.

Oh yeah, and finally, I've decided to give the fire to my mum, I shall tell her about it on the weekend, and I hope, weather permitting to be going up again in three weeks time, the last weekend before the Christmas one, already half arranged it with Lyn. I had no idea though it was so soon! OMG that means only a month till Christmas????
I bought a Gardman deluxe feeding station thingy yesterday, had fun assembling it today, amidst much cursing and swearing, why is it that something that should be a simple five minute job turns into a nightmare whenever I do it? You have to slide a rubber thing over the joints where the screw is and I had to get vaseline out to lubricate it. Oooer this sounds rude I've just realised lol! I wonder if it will get any hits from people who will be disappointed, like Anna did on her blog haha!
Anyway, eventually got it all assembled, managed to make a hole deep enough for it in the back lawn near the window and back door, and within a very short time, there were 7 bluetits (I've never seen that many at one time before on the same feeding area, 2 goldfinches, a greenfinch, and lots of chaffinches on the ground below, and of course a few starlings.) It was great to be able to sit on the sofa and watch them out of the window, something to do in this crap weather, they aren't put off by a bit of rain. I had to do something, because that bloody cat knocked the birdtable flying again yesterday, I don't know if it got anything or not, it must've been waiting for me to go out of sight, I was only gone a couple of minutes. Besides, it looks tatty now anyway, and this will be easy to keep clean. It's got three hooks for hanging feeders, a feeder tray for the robin mix and pellets I put out, and a bath. Chuffed.

Talking of that cat, I watched it up by my greenhouse this morning, throwing up! And then it stomped round to the larch tree and pissed up it! Great eh? So I've done a card and put it in the Spar shop across the road, with its picture, asking the owner to phone urgently, as I think it may have been poisoned! I doubt it, it went off okay, but just maybe it may make somebody keep the bloody thing away from here.
Okay now to my money saving idea. I love my sofa, but it's getting on a bit now, and I am fed up with the colour, so I was going to buy some stretch covers for it. Saw some on eBay for £29.99, all sorts of colours, but wanted to stick to beige. But I remember I had some once before years ago, and I am pretty sure they are made of stuff that the threads get picked when you catch them with your buckles, buttons, dog's claws.... so was having a think about it. Anyway, was up in the loft earlier putting away some junk, and I saw my fleecy underblanket which should be on the bed, but I found it too hot, so only ever used it about three nights! Hmmm I thought - I wonder - and it fits perfectly! And I think it looks okay too, alright if you have lots of posh visitors they may think the stretchy bit along the front looks a bit strange, but I don't (have posh visitors or think it looks strange) So chuffed again! I think a double or king size fitted bed sheet in beige would look okay too, may try that next, bloody sight cheaper than proper covers. I don't like throws much, I've tried them before, they look messy, I like stuff to fit neatly, not be all sloppy and hanging! My sofa is actually three chairs, which you can push together, or have as two seater and one chair, or three chairs, the arms come out too, I love it. It did have another chair when I got it but I had to dump one, because I just didn't have the room for it in this box I live in.

Oh yeah, and finally, I've decided to give the fire to my mum, I shall tell her about it on the weekend, and I hope, weather permitting to be going up again in three weeks time, the last weekend before the Christmas one, already half arranged it with Lyn. I had no idea though it was so soon! OMG that means only a month till Christmas????
Comments:
<< Home
Soafa looks nice Jan, I can see Emma appreciates it. What a kind daughter you are to give your lovely fire to your mum.
The sofa looks good Jan. What a wonderful bird feeder. I haven't seen anything like that around here.
Post a Comment
<< Home
