26 November 2006

Nondescript week

Haven't bothered doing this for a few days because I've done nothing worth writing about really. Been just doing all the usual stuff, shopping, walking Emma when the weather permitted, watching telly, and pottering around, pacing indoors a couple of days because it was too wet and awful to go out, yet I couldn't get motivated to do anything indoors either. I am in a funny mood again, not exactly depressed, but a bit fed up really. It's mainly down to the weather I suppose, and the time of year. When it's a nice day, like today, all I want to do is go out somewhere with Emma and have a nice walk, maybe a meal out. But then I get all agitated and down in the dumps when I get home because I should've done things here. The garden is horrendous at present, long wet grass, dead leaves over about 75% of it, mud and sludge, fences falling down, and it just looks so awful. Oh well, no good worrying (I tell myself) Why the hell should I care anyway, nobody else sees it but me or the postman in the front. I did clear the porch out yesterday afternoon, swept up the leaves and put all the hog feeding area away.

I've actually been Christmas shopping three times this week, and all I've bought is a box of cards, and about three things to wrap up for my sponsor dog with the Dogs Trust! I sent her a big parcel last year, I'd rather do that then send money, cos then I know the dogs are going to get the stuff. And I've also been very, very bad this week, am sick and disgusted at myself, I had MacDonalds two days running. And I bought a pack of 6 packs of custard cream biscuits yesterday, and I've already eaten four of them (packets, not biscuits, that's 40 custard creams. ) I'm afraid I'm a comfort eater, and would rather live on biscuits, cakes and junk food in my ideal world, but then get so depressed because of being fat.

Today it was lovely first thing, blue skies and sun so I thought I'd take Emma to the seaside. Can't remember the last time we had a decent long walk and a breath of sea air, it's been weeks. I've got in such a rut, keep going to either the reservoirs or the park, both of which are about a 15 minute walk, not good enough. So we went to Llansteffan. Was most pleasant, met lots of other dogs. One worry though was that there was a little cavalier like Emma, but the Blenheim version (brown and white only) that was running around with no collar on and didn't appear to belong to anyone! There was a basset hound too, but I've seen that there before, I think it belongs to someone who lives in the houses on the beach, but it's still a great pity that they just let it out to roam, there's a big car park there and could easily be run over. Anyway, this little dog wouldn't come anywhere near me, and I wasn't entirely sure it wasn't with someone so just carried on. When I was on the homeward stretch, I saw it was with a couple of guys and their two dogs so was relieved. But anyway, they were carrying the Cav, so I asked, and it wasn't theirs either. They were worried about her too, and were going to take her to the little shop there to see if they knew her. I hope it turned out okay, because I was going to do the same if I could have got her. She was scared of Emma! But had been playing with their Labrador puppy. How awful if someone had just let her out to run around on her own, or even worse if she was lost or dumped. Some people make me sick. Yesterday, I saw a bloke walking along with his toddler, about a 2 year old girl, walking really slowly holding her hand. They had a little terrier type dog with them, and it was walking close behind, but had its little tail between its legs and looked very nervous. Once it put its nose a bit far forward, and I saw the bloke back-heel it really hard in the face. Bastard.

Oh well took a couple of photos of all the shells and the red rocks on the beach, quite amazing how many shells accumulate there.

I just had to phone myself - I couldn't find my mobile phone to download the photos! I was starting to panic, was sure I'd brought it in from the car, but went to check and it wasn't there, couldn't find it anywhere. It had fallen off the shelf into the magazine rack! Doh.





Comments:
What an awful man for kicking the dog! People like that dont deserve to live let alone care for animals
 
I absolutely agree with Nic. The bastard should be shot. Sorry, I get so upset hearing things like this.
 
Every year I have a race against a giant elm on our front yard .. which holds on to its leaves until the last possible minute .. and the snow. This year the day before the big snow .. that would be Thursday .. I got up the leaves so that the lawn won't be destroyed. Next year I may not be so lucky. One thing about yard work .. it is ever present .. no need to fret .. walk the dog .. treasure the moments.

One really needs a James Bond type camera .. which tazers old farts who kick their dogs .. no one need ever know it was you.
 
I'd love one of those, invent one and I'll be your first customer! :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++