13 November 2006
OMG I've had a result today....
.... and now I feel guilty! I saw an advert in Morrisons yesterday for an electric fire, log effect, as new, £20. Well I've wanted something to stick in my hearth to take the chill off if I've not had the storage heaters on for a while. I already have a coal effect one, but I hate it. It's one of those convector type that makes a noise and chokes you with hot air billowing around. Can't stand either, so I've hardly ever used it. So anyway, cut a long story short, phoned yesterday, and went to look at it this lunchtime, after checking how tall it was, as this is all important, had to fill the gap where the coal fire would be. It was fantastic, an elderly couple who said it was in their place when they moved in and they had their own fire, so had never used it. It's got three electric bars, which you can thermostatically control, and looks like brand new. £20. I have just looked it up online, and it sells for upward of £189! I feel terrible, they obviously had no idea, they said they just wanted it out of the way, but I would have paid double that or more if I'd known. I thought when I saw it that it would probably be about £100, but had no idea. Thing is, my mum could do with one like it too, so now I am wondering whether she ought to have it instead of me, but it does look soooo good in my hearth, with the cheery logs flickering....

After that, I decided to brave the new Tescos, I couldn't wait to see what they had to offer. As expected the car park was a bit chaotic, but I struck lucky cos I spotted someone loading up, asked if they were going, and waited till they pulled out, so I had a fairly hassle free experience there. I've since heard from my neighbour though, she gave up and went to Morrisons instead, and so did another email friend, Lyn (who looked after my birds) so I must be having a lucky day again!
The shop itself was amazing, I did a large shop yesterday at Morrisons, so didn't want much, but still managed to spent £37! I got a great pair of jeans which fit perfectly for £6, and lots of ready meals. We had one bit of excitement, when the fire alarm went off, and we all had to traipse outside and wait for about 10 minutes. False alarm of course, good job it was a nice day! Everyone was calm, no panic, and all smiles - I wonder if it was a test actually, and not an accidental alarm, but just to see how quickly a shopful of people can be evacuated. I was a bit disappointed with the clothes though, no bras like I got in the Stevenage shop or the fleecy tops, or hedgehog socks. Ladies clothes were not my type of thing at all. I will probably go there a few times, but I think Morrisons will still be my first choice for food, Tesco was great for all the other household type things, and I'm glad I went anyway.
After that, took Emma round the reservoirs, took a couple of pics, the leaves are nearly all down now, and it's very pretty, especially today with the sun out and reflections on the water.
Turned really mild today again, I'm sitting here in a t-shirt, it's 22c in the living room, as opposed to 20c at this time of night normally, I daren't turn the heating down though else it will be bound to turn freezing cold again.
I've not mentioned the other hedgehog I grabbed from outside the back door on Saturday, as most people who read this blog also belong to the new wildlife forum, so you can read all about it on there if you haven't done so already.
Please take a look, and consider joining. I shall put a permanent link on the side of my blog eventually when I get round to it! You can find it here - www.sinergylarp.com/wildlifeforum



After that, I decided to brave the new Tescos, I couldn't wait to see what they had to offer. As expected the car park was a bit chaotic, but I struck lucky cos I spotted someone loading up, asked if they were going, and waited till they pulled out, so I had a fairly hassle free experience there. I've since heard from my neighbour though, she gave up and went to Morrisons instead, and so did another email friend, Lyn (who looked after my birds) so I must be having a lucky day again!
The shop itself was amazing, I did a large shop yesterday at Morrisons, so didn't want much, but still managed to spent £37! I got a great pair of jeans which fit perfectly for £6, and lots of ready meals. We had one bit of excitement, when the fire alarm went off, and we all had to traipse outside and wait for about 10 minutes. False alarm of course, good job it was a nice day! Everyone was calm, no panic, and all smiles - I wonder if it was a test actually, and not an accidental alarm, but just to see how quickly a shopful of people can be evacuated. I was a bit disappointed with the clothes though, no bras like I got in the Stevenage shop or the fleecy tops, or hedgehog socks. Ladies clothes were not my type of thing at all. I will probably go there a few times, but I think Morrisons will still be my first choice for food, Tesco was great for all the other household type things, and I'm glad I went anyway.
After that, took Emma round the reservoirs, took a couple of pics, the leaves are nearly all down now, and it's very pretty, especially today with the sun out and reflections on the water.
Turned really mild today again, I'm sitting here in a t-shirt, it's 22c in the living room, as opposed to 20c at this time of night normally, I daren't turn the heating down though else it will be bound to turn freezing cold again.
I've not mentioned the other hedgehog I grabbed from outside the back door on Saturday, as most people who read this blog also belong to the new wildlife forum, so you can read all about it on there if you haven't done so already.
Please take a look, and consider joining. I shall put a permanent link on the side of my blog eventually when I get round to it! You can find it here - www.sinergylarp.com/wildlifeforum


Comments:
<< Home
Get it on EBAY!!!!!!
:))
Looks great for £20, I would so be tempted to make a quick buck on it though.
I cant imagine wanting to goto a store on it is opening day, I hate going to them now! Shame about the clothes, if you ever need bras sending, you know where I am!
:))
Looks great for £20, I would so be tempted to make a quick buck on it though.
I cant imagine wanting to goto a store on it is opening day, I hate going to them now! Shame about the clothes, if you ever need bras sending, you know where I am!
Your hearth looks beautiful. Very warm and welcoming. I like the little dog ornaments on your mantle.
Post a Comment
<< Home

