11 November 2006
Please pray for strong northerly winds...
...even though they are evil, and cold, they will do me a great favour. I've spent the best part of two hours this morning, raking up dead leaves from the garden, and transporting them down to the compost heap. I have only scratched the surface, there's bloody tons more, but my back wouldn't take anymore exercise. Why do we always get southerlies when the leaves are falling? All over the sodding garden. If they were coming from the north, they go over the bank and into the field. So the 50ft high Oak tree still has about 90% of its leaves left. Hence my request. I don't need anymore leaves thank you. Nor do I need to be squelching and sliding about in the mud that used to be my grass. Thank you.
Other news, most of you who read this on a regular basis will have already heard that sadly my little hog Minnie died last night. Poor little bugger was covered in tics, I got 26 off her in the end, and there were lots more still on her legs and face, and when I cleared out the box, there were 16 more in there dead from their coating in oil. So that means around 50 tics on such a tiny animal. She was also full of worms, coming out in her poo. I can't believe how quickly she faded too. At lunchtime yesterday, she was lively and wanting to get out of her box, by teatime she was half-dead. So very upsetting, but at least she died warm and loved, instead of out in that park somewhere in the wet and cold. I buried her in the little fleecy hat that she had been snuggling into on my lap last night, it was a bit too small for my head anyway. I put her little body in the flower bed in the front garden, near the hog box which would have been her temporary home if she'd survived. I shall get a little heather plant or something to mark her grave with tomorrow. I looked today at the garden centre in Newcastle Emlyn when I took Emma out but they hadn't got anything nice. I'll have a look in Wyevales tomorrow.
Not much else to note, I'm sadly getting very excited about our new Tescos opening on Monday morning, 8am, I can't wait to see what it's like. I already bought fuel from the petrol station on Monday, I shall always get it there from now on, I like to accumulate Club card points, the coupons come in handy when you shop. I doubt I shall be there at 8am when it opens though, I expect it will be chaos.
Other news, most of you who read this on a regular basis will have already heard that sadly my little hog Minnie died last night. Poor little bugger was covered in tics, I got 26 off her in the end, and there were lots more still on her legs and face, and when I cleared out the box, there were 16 more in there dead from their coating in oil. So that means around 50 tics on such a tiny animal. She was also full of worms, coming out in her poo. I can't believe how quickly she faded too. At lunchtime yesterday, she was lively and wanting to get out of her box, by teatime she was half-dead. So very upsetting, but at least she died warm and loved, instead of out in that park somewhere in the wet and cold. I buried her in the little fleecy hat that she had been snuggling into on my lap last night, it was a bit too small for my head anyway. I put her little body in the flower bed in the front garden, near the hog box which would have been her temporary home if she'd survived. I shall get a little heather plant or something to mark her grave with tomorrow. I looked today at the garden centre in Newcastle Emlyn when I took Emma out but they hadn't got anything nice. I'll have a look in Wyevales tomorrow.
Not much else to note, I'm sadly getting very excited about our new Tescos opening on Monday morning, 8am, I can't wait to see what it's like. I already bought fuel from the petrol station on Monday, I shall always get it there from now on, I like to accumulate Club card points, the coupons come in handy when you shop. I doubt I shall be there at 8am when it opens though, I expect it will be chaos.
Comments:
<< Home
Praying for northerlies for you Jan!
Awww poor little Minnie, you did everything you could, but I am afraid she was too far gone. It is the same all over the country, healthy hogs one minute, dead the next. Big Hug
Avoid Tesco at all costs for at least a week, it will be bedlam!
Awww poor little Minnie, you did everything you could, but I am afraid she was too far gone. It is the same all over the country, healthy hogs one minute, dead the next. Big Hug
Avoid Tesco at all costs for at least a week, it will be bedlam!
Crikey Jan, I will have to be careful about what I pray for from now on. I gather you got the northerlies after!
Wonder if I prayed for the lottery to come my way?
Wonder if I prayed for the lottery to come my way?
Well I prayed for that too, but something went wrong and I only got two numbers!
Wind dropped too, been nice here today.
Wind dropped too, been nice here today.
Sad to hear about poor little Minnie,I don t think people will save very many now, they have been without food for so long, and are getting so weak.
Yes I m looking forward to the new Tesco,I will go later in the evening when the crowds have gone.
You might have seen Mark at the Petrol Station, he s often on the forecourt with the clip board talking to people.
Post a Comment
Yes I m looking forward to the new Tesco,I will go later in the evening when the crowds have gone.
You might have seen Mark at the Petrol Station, he s often on the forecourt with the clip board talking to people.
<< Home
