28 November 2006

They're 'avin a larf...

We got our bi-monthly local village magazine today. It's written by local people about local things that have happened or are scheduled to happen. Now I don't take part in the community stuff, not my scene, but I do read the magazine. Why I don't know because most of what I read in it makes my blood boil, and I end up getting annoyed about things I can do nothing about.

So each Christmas, the village and surrounding other villages have a competition for Christmas decorations, both for the best window, best house, best garden etc. Now I'm not a great Christmassy person, but I do like to see these decorations, some of the people really go to town with the garden ones, and they look fantastic, it's worth getting the car out of a night to drive round and look at them. So in this edition of the mag, they are changing the rules this year. Why? Because of global warming! "We are very conscious of the need to reduce wasteful use of energy" Very commendable I'm sure. So this year, we are to be entertained by best decorated window, best decorated tree or bush (maximum size 6ft) and an outside set piece (whatever that means) maximum size 6 x 6. Well whoopee doos. Well worth the effort I'm sure. Oh and of course, we are reminded that all outside displays involving electricity must be connected by a professional with the necessary qualifications. Yeah right. So I hope all you people reading this that put any outside decorations in your garden will pay to have a registered electrician come and plug it in for you and write you out a certificate. Because people will be round to check you know.

Comments:
Well it sounds just a wee bit ridiculous to me. Imagine, having to get an electrician in to plug in the lights. My or my, what is it all coming to. lol
 
Lol Jan, whatever next.
 
Good heavens!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++