28 November 2006
This is not funny ...
I don't know if I've mentioned this on my blog or not before. There is a proposed windfarm being planned about a mile away as the crow flies from my garden. In an area of beautiful peaceful countryside, in the height of Red Kite country. The turbines are going to be the tallest in Wales, and will be visible from three counties. The council put a block on this last year. But now it is underway again. There was recently an exhibition in the village for all to go and see and make their views known. I went. I am completely and utterly against it. Seems I am in the minority though. They say you won't be able to hear it. "The noise emitted by current modern turbines is not noticeable above normal background sounds" So what background sounds are there in the heart of the countryside apart from sheep baaing or birds singing? At night here in the summer, you can stand outside and listen, and hear nothing. I mean, absolutely silence. I love it. All that will change, you can hear them. I have heard from others who have had the bloody things inflicted on them. I filled in the survey form when I was down there. I am appalled at the results which are printed in our magazine today.
Views on renewable energy - for 18 strongly against 1 (that was me)
Views on wind power - for 13 strongly against 6 (well at least 5 others agreed)
Views on this particular - for 12 strongly against 7 (ditto)
Views on location - for 10 against 7
1000 letters of invitation were sent out to local residents to come and view this, and do you know how many troubled themselves to go? A bloody pathetic 60. Well I hope they enjoy the disruption to our way of life, the noise, the extra traffic, the ripping up of our countryside and destroying of bird and animal habitats. If I can hear the noise, it will be the final nail in coffin for me here, and I will be off.
Views on renewable energy - for 18 strongly against 1 (that was me)
Views on wind power - for 13 strongly against 6 (well at least 5 others agreed)
Views on this particular - for 12 strongly against 7 (ditto)
Views on location - for 10 against 7
1000 letters of invitation were sent out to local residents to come and view this, and do you know how many troubled themselves to go? A bloody pathetic 60. Well I hope they enjoy the disruption to our way of life, the noise, the extra traffic, the ripping up of our countryside and destroying of bird and animal habitats. If I can hear the noise, it will be the final nail in coffin for me here, and I will be off.
Comments:
<< Home
I don t know how much noise these wind farms make Jan, but I m sure you will hear it if the winds in your direction, there are plenty of places for these wind farms far from any buildings, why do they have to build them near where people are living.
Post a Comment
<< Home

