10 November 2006
What a hideous day!
Winter has truly arrived. It's more like a December day today, gone a bit milder, but so very dreary. The rain started at about 1 pm, and it's so dark, I have had the lights on in here since about 2 pm. Emma won't be getting a walk today, have had a game of teddies with her, so she seems happy enough, now snoring next to me. I actually put the telly on a while ago, but of course then came on here and haven't watched any of it as usual. I never watch tv in the daytime unless I'm ill! Deal or No Deal at 4.15 is about the earliest it ever goes on, and I haven't even bothered with that this series - boring now, lost complete interest in it. Amazingly, I have the full package with Sky, a choice of probably 200 channels? Not sure, but can't find anything that grabs me and think, yeah I'll watch that. How crazy.
I managed to get a couple of things done outside this morning anyway before the deluge started, the side door which was for the chicken pen had come off whilst I was away, I don't shut it of course now, but it opens back onto the side of the aviary and gives some extra protection from the wind and rain, so wanted it back on. Had to take the hinges off to repair the frame and nail it all back together again! I expect the wind ripped it off and will do so again, but still.
Cleaned out little Minnie and removed 10 horrible tics from her. I could only see a couple on her yesterday, so they must have had a good feed last night and swollen up. She was everso good and let me pull them off, but then got fed up and kept jerking and struggling to get away, there are at least four more little ones on her, maybe more. I gave them a soaking with oil and will have another go later at those. I flushed the other ones down the toilet! I hate killing things, but can't take any chances with those, don't want them on Emma. As it was, I panicked because I thought one of them had disappeared off the piece of kitchen roll! Poor little Minnie, was being sucked dry. Good news though, she had put on 60gms overnight! She must have been so empty, and of course when I weighed her last night, she had done a bucketful (well seemed like it) of diarrhea, so can't have been any weight in her. She now weighs 350gms. I put some Nux Vom in her meat last night. These are the homeopathic tablets that I got for Ryan when he had a touch of the runs. I crushed up one tablet and mixed it in, and seems to have done the trick, no more mess in the box this morning. She has trampled food around though, and it's hard to see exactly what she has eaten, but she is very lively, and kept wriggling and climbing around in my hand.
Other than that, my fun filled day has seen me relent to Diddy's boys great desire to have mine and Emma's company, and he is now busily grooming himself on the rug in front of me in the living room. I keep stopping him from coming out of the kitchen normally, cos of his poos, but still, it doesn't take much cleaning up, it's just if I don't spot it....
What an eccentric I am, most people would be horrified, I have a budgie, dog, guinea pigs and a cockerel in my living room right now, and a hedgehog in the bedroom....hahaha!
Oh yeah, and another dead rat in the dustbin. Found it up by the shed. Not funny. :( My friend Irene gave me a plug in ultrasonic device thingy which sends out a horrible noise to keep rats away, so that's a bit more of a relief, hopefully not having to worry about them getting in the bird shed. They have worked for her around her farm so hopefully will work for me too. I'm not sure though if they have to be at ground level, will have to do some research, cos the socket is up high in the shed for the night light. May have to do some rewiring.
Does HE have to be in here?
Oh all right then.
Min
I managed to get a couple of things done outside this morning anyway before the deluge started, the side door which was for the chicken pen had come off whilst I was away, I don't shut it of course now, but it opens back onto the side of the aviary and gives some extra protection from the wind and rain, so wanted it back on. Had to take the hinges off to repair the frame and nail it all back together again! I expect the wind ripped it off and will do so again, but still.
Cleaned out little Minnie and removed 10 horrible tics from her. I could only see a couple on her yesterday, so they must have had a good feed last night and swollen up. She was everso good and let me pull them off, but then got fed up and kept jerking and struggling to get away, there are at least four more little ones on her, maybe more. I gave them a soaking with oil and will have another go later at those. I flushed the other ones down the toilet! I hate killing things, but can't take any chances with those, don't want them on Emma. As it was, I panicked because I thought one of them had disappeared off the piece of kitchen roll! Poor little Minnie, was being sucked dry. Good news though, she had put on 60gms overnight! She must have been so empty, and of course when I weighed her last night, she had done a bucketful (well seemed like it) of diarrhea, so can't have been any weight in her. She now weighs 350gms. I put some Nux Vom in her meat last night. These are the homeopathic tablets that I got for Ryan when he had a touch of the runs. I crushed up one tablet and mixed it in, and seems to have done the trick, no more mess in the box this morning. She has trampled food around though, and it's hard to see exactly what she has eaten, but she is very lively, and kept wriggling and climbing around in my hand.
Other than that, my fun filled day has seen me relent to Diddy's boys great desire to have mine and Emma's company, and he is now busily grooming himself on the rug in front of me in the living room. I keep stopping him from coming out of the kitchen normally, cos of his poos, but still, it doesn't take much cleaning up, it's just if I don't spot it....
What an eccentric I am, most people would be horrified, I have a budgie, dog, guinea pigs and a cockerel in my living room right now, and a hedgehog in the bedroom....hahaha!
Oh yeah, and another dead rat in the dustbin. Found it up by the shed. Not funny. :( My friend Irene gave me a plug in ultrasonic device thingy which sends out a horrible noise to keep rats away, so that's a bit more of a relief, hopefully not having to worry about them getting in the bird shed. They have worked for her around her farm so hopefully will work for me too. I'm not sure though if they have to be at ground level, will have to do some research, cos the socket is up high in the shed for the night light. May have to do some rewiring.
Does HE have to be in here?
Oh all right then.
Min
Comments:
<< Home
Lol Jan, I think its a brilliant idea, Diddy boy and and a dog for company, what more could you wish for, your house sounds as mad as mine lol.
Best of luck with Minnie,she sounds a lovely little hoggy.
Best of luck with Minnie,she sounds a lovely little hoggy.
Emma doesn't go up that part of the garden Janine, but the birds aren't being affected by it, else they wouldn't go in the shed. It has a green light on permanently, and I thought that may freak out the birds, but they are fine with it. I don't think there will be a problem with the hogs, it wont send a noise out of the shed I dont think, its just to stop them from being under or around the shed. Seems to be working so far, I haven't seen any up there since I put it on. I have a cat scarer near my bird table and back door now, Emma doesnt hear that either, I think its strange how certain animals hear different pitches?
Post a Comment
<< Home
