08 November 2006
You won't believe what I did today ...
..me, the world's greatest cat hater, and hater of one cat in particular, the evil grey one. I gave it one of the cat food foils I have! Yes, I FED A CAT! I'm truly losing it I think. I just felt a bit sorry for it. I have to say though it doesn't look half starved, and it's now sporting a blue collar, so it's obviously not a stray. I saw it yesterday morning, sheltering in one of my old chicken huts, asleep. It was freezing cold, and I just left it be. It seems to be more intent on rat catching at present, and is spending a lot of time sitting out in the open up near where they all were, so I don't think there's much danger to birds, they can see it clearly. I think the only birds that it's probably caught too are the sick ones, and unfortunately, there are still a few of those around, male house sparrows mainly. So maybe it will be doing them a favour. Anyway, this morning, it was pouring with rain, and I saw it sneaking around, so I went out with a dish of food (well still in the foil tray) and put it on the steps. My logic was that if it's eating food, maybe it won't feel the need to kill birds. Doubt it though. Anyway, I saw it sneak back and start eating just before I went out at lunchtime, and it had all gone when I came home.
There was another poor rat out the back under the feeder this morning. I desperately wanted to go out and put it out of its misery, it was all hunched up, and could hardly move, I expect it's dead now wherever it managed to crawl too, it was still trying to eat though. No more in the shed today, but I blocked the hole up yesterday.
I took Emma round the reservoirs in Carmarthen again this afternoon, and then went to the shops, I needed to take back a couple of things that had decided not to work anymore, got my money back on an optical mouse and PC World helped me out with a bit of software that wouldn't work on my laptop too. Bought a timer for my immersion heater so that I can have some hot water and it will be heating up on the economy 7 overnight. Hope I can fit it okay, have been informed it's simple to do. Yeah right!
I rescued a dog this afternoon too. As I approached the town centre, I saw a couple of women holding on to a border collie at the side of the road and looking at its id disk. Carried on a bit further down the road, and there was a liver and white Springer running along, looking terrified, panting, occasionally running into the road. Several cars had to brake hard. I was horrified and pulled over even though it was double yellows, but it carried on running when I opened the door. Eventually, near the market place, and after two heart-stopping moments when I thought it was bound to be hit by a car, a guy managed to grab it, and I stopped, and got it into the car. It had a disk with a mobile no, and also a postcode, which was about as much help as a fart in a spacesuit when you don't live in a town or even if you do I suppose. I mean, who knows where a postcode is in their town apart from their own? I rang the mobile - had to leave a message on voicemail, not available. Hell. I took it round the police station, after having doubled back to see if I could spot the other dog, but no luck. Anyway, ended up leaving it with them. Hope it gets back safely and is reunited with its owner and friend. Police said they would phone the number and tell them they've got it, but I did the same thing too just to be sure. I would have thought maybe they would have rung me to thank me by now, but who knows. It was a lovely bitch called Snoop. When I got back to the car she was playing with some of my toys on the dashboard, bless. And kept giving me her paw. Emma wasn't in the least bit bothered about her being in there either, really weird. I reckon they had escaped from their garden, probably some stupid person had been in and left the gate open. Hope so anyway, and that nothing more sinister has occurred. I will ring up the police tomorrow if I haven't heard anything to see what happened.
There was another poor rat out the back under the feeder this morning. I desperately wanted to go out and put it out of its misery, it was all hunched up, and could hardly move, I expect it's dead now wherever it managed to crawl too, it was still trying to eat though. No more in the shed today, but I blocked the hole up yesterday.
I took Emma round the reservoirs in Carmarthen again this afternoon, and then went to the shops, I needed to take back a couple of things that had decided not to work anymore, got my money back on an optical mouse and PC World helped me out with a bit of software that wouldn't work on my laptop too. Bought a timer for my immersion heater so that I can have some hot water and it will be heating up on the economy 7 overnight. Hope I can fit it okay, have been informed it's simple to do. Yeah right!
I rescued a dog this afternoon too. As I approached the town centre, I saw a couple of women holding on to a border collie at the side of the road and looking at its id disk. Carried on a bit further down the road, and there was a liver and white Springer running along, looking terrified, panting, occasionally running into the road. Several cars had to brake hard. I was horrified and pulled over even though it was double yellows, but it carried on running when I opened the door. Eventually, near the market place, and after two heart-stopping moments when I thought it was bound to be hit by a car, a guy managed to grab it, and I stopped, and got it into the car. It had a disk with a mobile no, and also a postcode, which was about as much help as a fart in a spacesuit when you don't live in a town or even if you do I suppose. I mean, who knows where a postcode is in their town apart from their own? I rang the mobile - had to leave a message on voicemail, not available. Hell. I took it round the police station, after having doubled back to see if I could spot the other dog, but no luck. Anyway, ended up leaving it with them. Hope it gets back safely and is reunited with its owner and friend. Police said they would phone the number and tell them they've got it, but I did the same thing too just to be sure. I would have thought maybe they would have rung me to thank me by now, but who knows. It was a lovely bitch called Snoop. When I got back to the car she was playing with some of my toys on the dashboard, bless. And kept giving me her paw. Emma wasn't in the least bit bothered about her being in there either, really weird. I reckon they had escaped from their garden, probably some stupid person had been in and left the gate open. Hope so anyway, and that nothing more sinister has occurred. I will ring up the police tomorrow if I haven't heard anything to see what happened.
Comments:
<< Home
You, feeding cats? Never!
I just hope it doesn't eat any of the rats! Could be very nasty. No, of course not, a well fed cat will still try to kill both rats and birds. It is their instinct, albeit a horrible one.
I just hope it doesn't eat any of the rats! Could be very nasty. No, of course not, a well fed cat will still try to kill both rats and birds. It is their instinct, albeit a horrible one.
Youre such a nice person. Get your mom to move in with you. Why not? It seems kind of pretty where you are. As for the rats, get a pet rat and give it up.
Thanks for your comment turquis, much appreciated. Sadly, there is no way on god's earth that mum will move from her current home, unless she wins the lottery and can buy her dream home. I can't have her here anyway, I only have a one bed place, it's like living in a shed.....
Post a Comment
<< Home

