08 December 2006

Busy Busy Busy

This week has flown by, I've done a lot, had some nice days out this week, but there's loads getting put off (like doing my Christmas cards ....) I have posted a couple and handed over a couple, but that's about it. Been having some very frustrating times with my pc this past few days too, mainly trying to do things which should be simple, but in fact turn out to be very complicated. I finally managed to do a dvd of my budgie talking, but am still trying to do a clip of a dvd to put on YouTube, (thanks Martin, we'll get there eventually I'm sure....;) My main headache this week has been problems with my broadband, still unresolved. Diabolical connection speeds during the evening, instead of about 1800kpbs I have been getting around 80-95 kpbs and all sorts of checks have been done on my line by BT and my isp and they say there is nothing wrong. I have been less than pleased to say the least. There is definitely something wrong in that if use the telephone, it cuts off my signal, although it doesn't show it has on my laptop, but it does on my router settings page. This seems to be the reason why my Yahoo cuts off too, although I don't ever use the phone at night much, but my Sky box is connected to the circuit, so when they do system upgrades could be the reason for that. It may be something simple like my ADSL splitter, but why should it suddenly start doing it? It's been fine for months, and I haven't changed anything....

I had the great pleasure of meeting Pauline yesterday and her son and daughter, and she laid on a wonderful lunch. Thanks Pauline for making me so welcome. Emma behaved herself too, but got fidgety eventually, so I decided I'd best take her off for a walk. As it turned out the wind was so horrendous that she was frightened to death so we didn't get much of one anyway, and were glad to get home. I was going to pop in Morrisons, but as I had to pass Tescos to get there, ended up going in there instead, and having a browse. They had some bargains in there yesterday, so was slightly more impressed than I was the last time I went in. On the way from Paulines though, I was behind two cars heading just past the back of the market and I saw something come flying down between them - slates were being blown off a roof! Christ that would have been nice going through your windscreen or smashing down on your paintwork. The bloke in front didn't even brake though, I don't think he could have seen it!

Today posted off my parcel to my Sponsor dog Amy, who resides at the Dogs Trust Home at Merseyside. I got a card from her the other day, and had all her latest news, and it made me shed a tear I have to confess. It's so sad that some of the dogs can't be rehomed because of behavioural problems, but lovely that people care enough to look after them like that permanently. Still not ideal situation though is it, poor things.

Today I bought my new Gas Cooker, it's being delivered on Tuesday hopefully, so am looking forward to that. Now it seems that I am going to have a job getting someone to instal it - managed to get an answer from one guy who is booked up until after Christmas. Left a message on the phones of two others and they haven't rung me back... Great. Good job I don't rely on a cooker to eat!

Oh well, may make it onto chat tonight, but I am trying to get some other things done these past few nights, which need concentration, there's so much I want to do on my pc, and I just never get round to it. Wish there were about 40 hours in a day, then I may have half a chance.

Coming back from my friend Irene's tonight, I took the photo of the sun setting down over the hill from the car window, I couldn't pull over because the road is too narrow.

Comments:
hope you make it on tonight Jan, ive had a nap this afternoon, so hopefully should be able to stay awake to chat too ;)
 
Ooooo glad the slate did nt hit your car Jan, I know a few people in town who have had gutters and slates land on them, I aways warn my family if their going home in the wind to watch out for flying slates, glad you got home safe.
Lovely sunset pic.
 
I posted a long reply to your blog and it didn't publish! Been having the same trouble with Nic's.

So nice that you and Pauline managed to meet up at last. I'll bet there was some mischief!

I was working in a office once and got up to get a file, when a tile came crashing through the glass roof and landed on my chair. A very lucky escape! Deadly things, aren't they?

Aww how lovely that you send pressies to your sponsored dog. It makes such a difference to the Dog's Trust's ability to care for the animals that can't be rehomed for one reason or another.

I also wish there were more hours in the day, and that there were more days left before Christmas! It didn't sneak up on me, it galloped.

Beautiful sunset pic, Jan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++