23 December 2006
Chippy and Alfie
Chippy is quite keen I think. Alfie is not so sure, I've put her in the huge cage that has been in the loft for about 18 months. I went to the shops today, thinking it would be a nightmare, and I was amazed at a hassle and stress free time. No huge crowds, no traffic jams, no queues at either MacDonalds or Tescos. Only had a few items to get, but bought £5 of bird toys at Crazy Macs. They are doing all the toys that are ex Pets At Home ones for 50p each now, they sell in PAH for £1.99 to £2.99 so a real bargain. Alfie has a cage full now to occupy her, and I put some out in the aviary, and bought a couple for Cylene (Barry and Christine's little girl) for her budgie Twinkle.
I popped into Lidls on the way out of town just to get their bottled spring water, its the only one I like, and had a look round, and they had some cordless headphones for £18.99. Now I've been thinking about getting some for a while, but they are normally around the thirty quid mark in Currys etc. Well I decided to go for it, mum sent me some money up for Christmas. The lad on the check out said they were great, he bought some, and has been really pleased with them. Well, they are bloody fantastic! Because I have a hearing problem, I always have to have the telly up a bit loud, and if I ever get a neighbour who isn't hard of hearing like my current one, I would really get on their nerves I think. Well with these on, I can have the tv volume down really low, or even off, and have these as loud as I like, the clarity is fabulous, and there are sounds coming through them with the music on adverts etc that I never even knew was there from listening normally. I often miss what people say too even at loud volume, so this should help me out too. And even better, I can walk around the entire bungalow, to every room and still hear the telly,really strange to be able to sit on the loo and hear the tv the same as if I was in the room with it, lol. They are really comfortable too, I can't even feel them on me. Yes, can say definitely one of my better purchases this year.
Now looking forward to the result of Strictly Come Dancing. I've spent my quid again on voting for the gorgeous Mark, well it is for charity after all!
Oh yeah and all you lot up in the Herts/Essex area - keep your lousy grey days to yourselves in future. I want the sun and blue skies back here, we got a load of your crap today!


I popped into Lidls on the way out of town just to get their bottled spring water, its the only one I like, and had a look round, and they had some cordless headphones for £18.99. Now I've been thinking about getting some for a while, but they are normally around the thirty quid mark in Currys etc. Well I decided to go for it, mum sent me some money up for Christmas. The lad on the check out said they were great, he bought some, and has been really pleased with them. Well, they are bloody fantastic! Because I have a hearing problem, I always have to have the telly up a bit loud, and if I ever get a neighbour who isn't hard of hearing like my current one, I would really get on their nerves I think. Well with these on, I can have the tv volume down really low, or even off, and have these as loud as I like, the clarity is fabulous, and there are sounds coming through them with the music on adverts etc that I never even knew was there from listening normally. I often miss what people say too even at loud volume, so this should help me out too. And even better, I can walk around the entire bungalow, to every room and still hear the telly,really strange to be able to sit on the loo and hear the tv the same as if I was in the room with it, lol. They are really comfortable too, I can't even feel them on me. Yes, can say definitely one of my better purchases this year.
Now looking forward to the result of Strictly Come Dancing. I've spent my quid again on voting for the gorgeous Mark, well it is for charity after all!
Oh yeah and all you lot up in the Herts/Essex area - keep your lousy grey days to yourselves in future. I want the sun and blue skies back here, we got a load of your crap today!


