05 December 2006

Getting stuff sorted

Spent the morning messing with the camera. I mentioned to OC the other night about the chickens I used to have being the same as a couple of hers, so had a rummage through my old photos. I took some photos of a couple of them with my camera (who needs a scanner...) Then I found some old ones of Emma as a pup, and ended up doing some of them too.

Still haven't done my Christmas cards. Oh poo, I just never seem to have time.

The weather was awful again last night, even worse than Saturday I think. I was in the kitchen at 2 am and 5 am looking across the garden to see if the aviary was still there. Feel wrecked again now because of disturbed sleep.

I had a mammogram (has it got two m's? ) this afternoon. Now two of my friends had one recently too, and I know they say it hurts, but it didn't hurt my boobs, but hell it hurt my shoulder and back because of the contorted position you are put in! Ouch.

I sorted out selling my electric cooker too. I've had it for sale for ages with no interest, because I want to swop to Calor gas, because it's cheaper and it means when we have power cuts I can still have some hot food and drink, not to mention you can have the oven on low to have a bit of cheap heat in the kitchen too. Irene uses hers to cook on every night and a bottle which costs around £35 these days lasts her about 9 months. We always had one before, and I have always regretted not getting one. Anyway, I went into the local electrical shop, and had the most wonderful piece of good fortune. He had one for sale, exactly same as mine. Only difference was, he is selling them for £70 more than I paid for mine! I told him mine was mint (it is, have hardly used the thing) and we haggled a bit on the price, but he is going to give me only £10 less than I was advertising it for anyway! Yay a result! He's coming on Friday morning to collect, so I am going to order my calor one and should have it for Christmas then. The only downside is its going to cost and arm and a leg to get it installed I think, cos it has to be done by a corgi registered bloke and of course, I've got to have a hole drilled through the wall to have the bottle outside. Still it will be worth it.

Highlight of the day was when walking Emma round the park, I was thrilled to see various small flocks of Long Tailed Tits feeding on bushes along the river bank. There were 10 on one, then a bit further round, another 6. Don't see them often here, such pretty little birds. The river was scarey today though, and it had already spewed over onto the playing field, all sorts of debris laying way in on the grass, but the water had subsided so we could still walk all the way round.

Okay, here's the piccies

This is the one I mentioned on Anna's blog. I am sitting with my friends cav on my lap, and the look on Emma's face, I just found it so funny, she really has the hump!
















Okay this is a cutesy one of Emma on the night I got her with her very first toy, a bunny wunny. She is 7 weeks old, and the toy is around the same size as her, around 7 inches long.
















This is her today with the same toy
















This is her when she was about 5 months old showing a young Diddy Boy, with his two ladies, Crystal and Jo, sadly long since deceased.
















Here's the chicken ones for OC. They are the small flock in the snow, (see we have it bad here too sometimes, but thankfully not as long) There's also the one with them on a nicer day in the field, and my old Cavalier Amy sitting keeping watch, and the third one is of another little Pekin Cockerel we used to have, Little Harry, he was given to us as he was widowed and the owners didn't want to get any more. He is standing in front of the greenhouse we converted into a chicken house, when we had to keep two separate flocks going, the main lot were in the acre field (with Amy)






Comments:
emma looks well peed at the other cav
 
Great photos jan....I love teaspoons, just love em
 
She certainly does Pete! Great pics of pics!
 
Can't say I am particularly fond of roosters .. Mom's prize rooster knocked me down when I was 3 and made a fairly major mess of my head before my Dad could get to me to pull the bloomin' bird off me. Although there would be no chance of his knocking me over these 47 years later .. I have to admit .. roosters still petrify me.
 
Loved the pictures Jan. I once had a great huge rooster, my one and only, he got quite nasty and eventually traded him for a spice rack. He went to a good home with a couple who lived on a small island.
 
Lol you two with your tales of roosters! My little ones are just that - tiny. Diddy Boy is quite big as Pekins go, but he is only about 12 inches high, little Harry and the others I've had were about 9-10 inches. Yes they can be aggressive when there's hens around though, but I always found it amusing to have this tiny thing having a peck at your trousers leg. However, in my photo you will see a Light Sussex Cockerel (we call them Cockerels over here) we had him at a few weeks old before sex was determined, and sadly we had him re-homed too because our ladies were a bit older and unused to his "attentions" and didn't want to be jumped on, so he got very frustrated! My ex also had another one called Jake later after we split, and I have to be honest, because we'd not had him from young, I was a bit wary of him, he was HUGE, but he was really a pussy cat, and never showed any aggression. I can understand your feelings though Donna if you got injured by one, think I'd be the same, but perhaps not with the little banties.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++