11 December 2006
Lovely weather (for ducks)
Well, the rain has been sheeting down now for at least 40 hours, I don't think it's stopped at all unless it's done so during the last two nights. It started around 5pm on Saturday night, now Monday morning. It does look as if the wind has eased though, can't see the trees moving much outside through the gloom. It's now 8.40 am and almost dark, need all the lights on indoors. So bloody depressing.
Saturday I went over to see my friend Pat, as she'd been away for about 10 days, it was bitterly cold, but dry at least, and we managed to get a walk with the dogs. Poor Emma isn't too keen to walk very far at the moment, I hope it's just a temporary thing, but she seems to be a bit arthritic already, and she's only 7. Normally she huffs along with Ben, and on the way back is ahead of us keen to get back for her bonio, but this time she was lagging way behind and we had to keep stopping to let her catch up. We are only talking about a half hour walk here too, not miles.
Yesterday I was meeting up with my ex and his new partner and her little girl at the big car boot sale, and then going to take our dogs down to the beach, have a bit of lunch in their camper etc. He has an hour journey to get here too. Well, they still came, but the weather was bloody horrendous. On my way there I needed fast speed wipers, headlights, and couldn't see far for the spray. Anyway the boot sale was okay, loads there which surprised me, and market stalls too, I thought everyone would be in town doing their Christmas shopping. We didn't get too wet. We ended up sitting in the camper at the boot fair, having a coffee, thoroughly pissed off, would have been pointless going down to Llansteffan, wouldn't have been able to stand up with the wind, it's windy enough down the estuary on a nice day, let alone when we've got a force 8 here. So we ended up going back to MacDonalds for lunch, and then we went home.
Nothing else to report except that I need to get on and do some things here, having a day in today, the electric meter is being changed today (hopefully!) and my new cooker is coming tomorrow, so will get my arse into gear and get some stuff sorted again (like cleaning!) My aviary is in a state too, but its too evil to be out there for long.
Mum and I came to an agreement last night, so I am not going up to see her again before Christmas. Mixed emotions there, relieved at not having to worry about sorting out stuff here, and the journey and the expense, but pissed off that once again I am not going to be with her, and that I've taken the easy option. Annoyed with myself I suppose. I will get up in the new year though weather permitting, and certainly before or on her birthday at the end of March, when she will be 80. I can't believe it. How can my mum be 80? She doesn't seem any different to what she has done to me for years and years. Get very depressed just thinking about it all so try not to most of the time.
Anyway, I uploaded a couple of new videos to YouTube, of the budgie and Emma and my cockerel Diddy Boy, so the links are here if you want to see -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-bWC7mAKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ic0fo29jE
I'm not sure if you can post full urls on here, so if anyone can't see that, and wants to, just let me know and I'll email you the direct link.
Saturday I went over to see my friend Pat, as she'd been away for about 10 days, it was bitterly cold, but dry at least, and we managed to get a walk with the dogs. Poor Emma isn't too keen to walk very far at the moment, I hope it's just a temporary thing, but she seems to be a bit arthritic already, and she's only 7. Normally she huffs along with Ben, and on the way back is ahead of us keen to get back for her bonio, but this time she was lagging way behind and we had to keep stopping to let her catch up. We are only talking about a half hour walk here too, not miles.
Yesterday I was meeting up with my ex and his new partner and her little girl at the big car boot sale, and then going to take our dogs down to the beach, have a bit of lunch in their camper etc. He has an hour journey to get here too. Well, they still came, but the weather was bloody horrendous. On my way there I needed fast speed wipers, headlights, and couldn't see far for the spray. Anyway the boot sale was okay, loads there which surprised me, and market stalls too, I thought everyone would be in town doing their Christmas shopping. We didn't get too wet. We ended up sitting in the camper at the boot fair, having a coffee, thoroughly pissed off, would have been pointless going down to Llansteffan, wouldn't have been able to stand up with the wind, it's windy enough down the estuary on a nice day, let alone when we've got a force 8 here. So we ended up going back to MacDonalds for lunch, and then we went home.
Nothing else to report except that I need to get on and do some things here, having a day in today, the electric meter is being changed today (hopefully!) and my new cooker is coming tomorrow, so will get my arse into gear and get some stuff sorted again (like cleaning!) My aviary is in a state too, but its too evil to be out there for long.
Mum and I came to an agreement last night, so I am not going up to see her again before Christmas. Mixed emotions there, relieved at not having to worry about sorting out stuff here, and the journey and the expense, but pissed off that once again I am not going to be with her, and that I've taken the easy option. Annoyed with myself I suppose. I will get up in the new year though weather permitting, and certainly before or on her birthday at the end of March, when she will be 80. I can't believe it. How can my mum be 80? She doesn't seem any different to what she has done to me for years and years. Get very depressed just thinking about it all so try not to most of the time.
Anyway, I uploaded a couple of new videos to YouTube, of the budgie and Emma and my cockerel Diddy Boy, so the links are here if you want to see -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-bWC7mAKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ic0fo29jE
I'm not sure if you can post full urls on here, so if anyone can't see that, and wants to, just let me know and I'll email you the direct link.
Comments:
<< Home
It works if you block, copy and then paste into the address bar.
Crikey, Emma doesn't half snore doesn't she? No wonder you sometimes end up sleeping on the sofa!
Diddy looks very proud of himself when preening, he is gorgeous.
Chippy looks super too.
Very unusual to have all three in the same room, Phoebe would be chasing them!
Crikey, Emma doesn't half snore doesn't she? No wonder you sometimes end up sleeping on the sofa!
Diddy looks very proud of himself when preening, he is gorgeous.
Chippy looks super too.
Very unusual to have all three in the same room, Phoebe would be chasing them!
That's nothing, on a Tuesday, when I clean out the guinea pigs, they are running round in there too! All get on together just fine, I'm lucky really that way. :o)
I think the chicken is fabulous! I wonder how one deals with the poop situation. YOur abode is clean and neat. Is it really possible to train a chicken to a litter box????? or do you just follow with tissues or a scrub brush??? Emma's snoring is pretty funny.
emma snoring LOL
one way of making urls more meaningful
is to type some meaningful text
e.g.
my pets video
then highlight it then click the link box and enter the url.
that way we just have to press the url in your blog (which will say my pets video). not cut and paste it
Post a Comment
one way of making urls more meaningful
is to type some meaningful text
e.g.
my pets video
then highlight it then click the link box and enter the url.
that way we just have to press the url in your blog (which will say my pets video). not cut and paste it
<< Home

