04 December 2006

This awful weather!

The pits today, so bad that I've only been outside the door twice, once to do my birds about 10.30 this morning, and then again to go and shut them in at 4 oclock. I managed to refill my peanut feeder by hanging out of the kitchen window and grabbing it to save going out, lol. I threw a handful of suet pellets and sultanas out of the window for the wild birds at 3 oclock but they went untouched. I've had the lights on indoors all day. I'm sick of the wind and rain now, poor Emma didn't get a walk today of course. The really strong winds are back again tonight, with lashing rain, so another night spent worrying if my aviary is going to stand up to it. Saturday night was horrendous here, I woke up about three times because of the noise, and at 5.20 there was an almighty crack, together with a loud beeping which woke me up from a deep sleep with such a fright, I nearly jumped out of my skin! Turns out we had no power for over three and half hours (I checked my immersion heater timer luckily, else that would have been switching on when my cheap electric had long gone) The beeping was my phone coming back on with the power. The noise outside from the wind was horrendous and I ended up throwing on some clothes and my wellies and going out with a torch to check my aviary. All was still standing thank god. My poor birds though, having to put up with all that noise, and no light on in there either. The forecast is like this for the week I think, how delightful. I suppose the only thing to be grateful for is that it is not freezing cold, it's still coming mainly from the south, which unfortunately though is the way I catch it so badly in my garden as it howls straight across the open field till it hits my bank and trees.

I've been absent from chat for a few nights, due to the fact that I'm really into my tv watching at the moment, what with Im A Celebrity final, the X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, Saturday night I was in my element! I watched An Audience with Take That, followed by their concert from Manchester which didn't finish till midnight. Wow was that fantastic, how I would have loved to be there, the effects they had on stage were amazing. I've done some searching today and managed to find the dvd of all their greatest hits plus a lot of other stuff from Tesco Jersey for only £8-ish, and have ordered that. I already had the cd, have done for a year or so, but they are such a visual group, and of course Robbie will be in the original line up. I could really kick myself that I took no interest in them when they were around the first time, I can't believe it! I love their stuff so much. Only other one who can compare and I'm really into again at the moment is George Michael. My lucky friend Lesley will be at Birmingham right now I think, seeing him live. One of my all time favourite tracks is Cowboys and Angels.

Anyway enough waffle, today I've spent wrapping Christmas prezzies, most of which were for my sponsor dog with The Dogs Trust, I did enjoy wrapping them up with Emma's help - isn't it amazing that a dog can smell goodies through the cellophane paper? She so wanted some of the things! I've done her stocking too though, but waited till she was out of the room to do it, so she wouldn't know what I've got her. Yes, I have lost the plot, but it's something I've always done with my dogs, it gives me a lot of pleasure, and them too I guess! I only have a couple of things to get now, got some bits and pieces for mum, including a new phone. The bombshell is that she doesn't want me to go up now, she worries too much about me travelling, it's too much hassle for me etc. I really don't know what to do now, I'm going to play it by ear I think, but if I'm not going I shall have to post her stuff up by the end of next week I suppose and it's going to cost a fortune. Bloody hell, I wish I'd not told her now, and just turned up as usual. But in all honesty, she is right, and if the weather carries on like this, I don't fancy the journey much either.

I also put up some decorations! First time they've seen the light of day out of the loft in four years. I don't know why I feel Christmassy for some reason this year, dunno why I'm bothering though, I doubt anyone else is going to see them, maybe Irene I suppose, the only person to have set foot in here in weeks. I must get round to doing my cards tomorrow, I keep putting it off for some reason. I've got them out two or three times lately and then just put them back on the table. Plenty of time though I suppose. I am well ahead of myself this year.

Comments:
Please take a photo of your Christmas decorations so I can see them too. Is the winter weather always so fierce in Wales?
 
Oh Jan stop being so organised will you! Its not fair, right thats it, all cards will be written and sent today or at least by tomorrow
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++